| A SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) connection is a cost effective alternative that connects your company's existing PBX to your current telephone system infrastructure, using the internet with SIP and VOIP business class delivery standards.
The difference between SIP and IP PBX trunking is basically in the delivery protocol. Both standards offer dynamic delivery of voice and data.
With Prospeed.net SIP trunking you get security. SIP encryption ensures that your voice and data is protected.
What are SIP advantages?
IPTrunking from ProSpeed® is the solution that will allow you to make that move by giving you the ability to:
- Encrypted signal ensures privacy and security
- Scalable as your enterprise grows
- Flexible telecommuting for you and your employees
- Customized to your enterprise
- Phase in up-grades, instead of investing on a whole phone system at once
- QoS - quality of service
- purchase a limited number of lines to match your communications costs closely to your actual business
- consolidate your data and voice bills to lower expensive phone bills due to long distance calls and the
taxes that go with them
- leverage your existing Internet connection for both data and voice
- streamline your communications platform and enjoy immediate and significant economic advantages
while smoothly transitioning to a hosted VoIP service
- provide new generation network to enhance your mobility via the ProSpeed network
IPTrunking Smoothes the Transition
Making your move to VoIP is not as challenging a proposition as you might think. Look at a typical “before”
Illustration A: voice and data reside on separate networks within the infrastructure, with separate cost centers and, usually, separate support staffs as well. However, with IPTrunking
implemented at your PBX site, all of that changes by leveraging your data connection to simultaneously
serve both your data and voice needs.
Illustration B: We show you how you can leverage your existing data
connection by utilizing a certified Integrated Access Device (IAD) which is simply
installed at your premises, and connects to our proprietary network via our IPDirect™
service or via a broadband connection like cable or the Internet. This configuration
provides the necessary amount of trunks (DSO) access to DIDs nationwide—and can also
lower your long distance bills and other related fees and taxes.
In the event of a natural disaster or calamitous event, our Business Continuity solutions
enables enterprises to automatically re-route calls to maintain telephone service to
any location and any device, including landline phones, mobile devices and PC-based
softphones. This disaster recovery solution includes simultaneous ringing and sequential
ringing to multiple locations, support for telecommuting, and unifi ed voice messaging
and single mailbox across multiple technologies.
Choose the option that best meet your business need!
- IPTrunking Basic - includes basic Dial Tone
- IPrunking Excutive - includes most popular calling features including Simutaneous
- IPTrunking Premium - includes Executive calling features plus Conference Calling
and Auto Attendant
IPTrunking Usage Plans
Two usage plans available with each IPTrunking options:
- Plan A - includes 1000 minutes outbound local and domestic long distance calling
and unlimited inbound minutes
- Plan B - includes unlimited outbound local and domestic long distance calling and
unlimited inbound minutes
Make Your Move. Call us at (888) 425-7425. To find out more about our IPTrunking Services and the
entire portfolio of ProSpeed’s Services.