Prospeed Cloud Hosting Rackspace
- Customized server configurations
- Fully managed private clouds
- Advanced server monitoring
- Monthly billing, predictable costs
Dedicated People Managing Your Hosted Environment
In a managed hosting environment, your provider owns and is responsible for the data center , network, devices, operating system and application infrastructure components, providing a stable operating environment for your applications. At Rackspace ® Hosting, we have been building and supporting managed hosting solutions since 1998. That's why we're the world's leading specialist in the hosting and cloud computing industry.
- Dedicated servers for performance-intensive applications
- Cloud servers for on-demand scaling and cost savings
- RackConnect™ for seamless linking of both environments
Combine our Dedicated and Cloud Platforms and Get the Best of Both Worlds
Rackspace ® provides a portfolio of compute platforms, ranging from traditional dedicated server hosting to cloud hosting. Since the best solution for your business may span more than one platform, we can help you mix-and-match, to create the optimal compute environment for your business.
What is RackConnect?
- Combined traditional and cloud hosting, allowing the flexibility to put workloads where they perform best
- Added security of a dedicated firewall to your cloud configuration
- Centrally defined Network Security Policies automatically applied to your entire configuration
- Increased security allowing you to move workloads between your data center and Rackspace over an encrypted VPN tunnel or private link
Store it on Cloud Files, serve it fast on Akamai's CDN
Cloud Files, powered by OpenStack™, provides an easy to use online storage for files and media which can be delivered globally at blazing speeds over Akamai's content delivery network (CDN). Whether your storage needs are modest—or monumental—you enjoy built-in redundancy, an easy-to-use control panel, and Fanatical Support ® from
At a Glance
- Pay as you grow pricing starting at 15¢/GB/Mo.
- Akamai CDN delivery of your content starting at 18¢/GB
- Use as much or as little storage as you want
- Store files and media of any size
- Highly scalable, redundant online storage
- Cloud Files is built with OpenStack technology
- No long-term contracts
- RESTful API enables developer access
With Cloud Files there are no upfront costs and all customers are backed by Fanatical Support and the confidence of our industry-leading SLAs .
What Makes It Great?
Cloud Files is Powered by OpenStack
OpenStack is an open source, collaborative software project among dozens of big players and hundreds of developers in the cloud computing space. The mission of the OpenStack community is to productize a ubiquitous open source cloud computing platform. It was launched with contributions from us here at Rackspace and the NASA Nebula cloud platform.
The Cloud Files development team created and contributed the underlying source code that has become OpenStack Object Storage software which is the underlying software currently powering Cloud Files.
Cloud Files with Akamai CDN
Deliver your content rapidly around the world with Akamai's Content Delivery Network.
This premier CDN caches content at global edge locations saving users time as the requested content is received from within the region instead of coming from the origin server.
Cloud Files API
Where many providers take the approach of, "Here's an API, what more do you need?"
we actively maintain our different code libraries, updating them consistently so you can make the most of your unique code.
Mix 'n Match Compute Platforms with RackConnect™
Need Dedicated Servers and Cloud Files? The RackConnect hybrid option gives you the performance of Dedicated Servers and the elasticity of Cloud Files working seamlessly together.
Feel free to call us today if you have any questions. Lets talk today! Ask to speak with a
Toll Free: 888-425-7425