Prospeed Unified Communication System Requirements
About WorkSpace Communications
WorkSpace is a fully integrated unified communications platform that integrates and
delivers voice, data, e-mail, voice mail, calendar, instant messaging and conferencing across PCs, the Web and mobile devices. Everywhere you go, your office goes with you. Your colleagues are no farther away than the touch of a button, which means your entire organization stays connected and productive, regardless of whether they’re in the office, working from home or on the road.
Built on the Microsoft platform, WorkSpace is a cost-effective, all-in-one service that’s
easy to manage. You don’t even have the hassle of finding your own carrier for phone
and data connection. Instead, you pay one low monthly bill and you’re connected in
Project a Professional, Polished Image
WorkSpace delivers to your desktop Residential Voice, Email, Calendaring, Presence, Instant
Messaging and Internal/External Audio Conferencing, Internal/External Video
Conferencing, and Internal/External Desktop Sharing. You pay for the number of users
you need and you’re ready to go.
- A subscription-based solution (per user, per month)
- All the latest phone and data services, minus the burden of buying and maintaining expensive equipment
- A new level of mobility, productivity and profitability
- Unlimited collaboration that includes the ability to share files, conduct meetings
and even share your desktop with colleagues in real time, from wherever you are
- A seamless experience for your client contacts
- Ongoing technical support and upgrades, with no effort for you
The following information summarizes the minimum requirements for a unified communications environment. Heavy data users may require additional bandwidth and
PC efficiency, based on their specific needs outside of the unified communications applications.
Minimum PC Requirements:
- 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) CPU [Preferred 64-bit (x64) processor]
- Preferred Windows Vista SP2 or later operating system
- 2 GB of system memory (RAM) [Preferred 4 GB]
- 15 GB+ of available hard drive space
- Support for DirectX 9 graphics at 1024 x 768 or higher resolution
- Microphone & speakers / Headset / Phone
Remote Single User Bandwidth Requirements:
- DSL or Cable modem with a minimum of:
- Downstream Speed: Up to 3.0 Mbps [Preferred 6.0 Mbps +]
- Upstream Speed: Up to 512 Kbps [Preferred 768 Kbps +]
- This is due to the fact that with home use, the environment is often shared by
Office User Requirements:
All Voice, Video, and Web conferencing will traverse the wide area network. We
recommend a minimum of 1.5 Megabit of symmetrical bandwidth to support every 10 users.
||Approx. Bandwidth Needed
| < 10
|| 1 Mbps Up / 5-7 Mbps down
|51 - 100
|101 - 150
Specific data rates change based on additional users and specific non-unified communications application requirements.
Contact Prospeed for Rapid Callback and Support!
If you would prefer to provide us with more contact information about your requirements and business, please click here.